Isle Of Wight Festival is cancelled amid coronavirus pandemic

‘We’ll be back stronger than ever in 2021’: Isle Of Wight Festival is cancelled amid coronavirus pandemic

  • The annual music extravaganza held in Newport, Isle of Wight, was due to take place between June 11 and June 14
  •  The team behind the legendary event vowed to come back ‘stronger than ever’
  • The decision comes after Glastonbury festival also decided to postpone the Worthy Farm event due to the global health crisis
  • Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

The Isle of Wight Festival has been cancelled for 2020.

The annual music extravaganza held in Newport, Isle of Wight, was due to take place between June 11 and June 14, and be headlined by Lionel Richie, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, The Chemical Brothers and Duran Duran.

However, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, it has been postponed until next year.

Sad times: The Isle of Wight Festival has been cancelled for 2020 (Headliner Lewis Capaldi, pictured earlier this month)

The team behind the legendary event vowed to come back ‘stronger than ever’.

In a statement, the festival’s organisers said: ‘The ​Isle of Wight Festival ​will no longer be taking place this year.

‘This decision hasn’t been taken lightly and we have tried our hardest to make it work, but it was unavoidable given the current status.

Tough times: In a statement, the festival’s organisers said: ‘The ​Isle of Wight Festival ​will no longer be taking place this year’

‘The whole team was excited to welcome everyone to the island for another fantastic festival and we extend our sincere apologies to everyone who was looking forward to it as much as we were.

‘The safety of our audience, artists, crew and the Isle of Wight community is paramount and we appreciate your patience whilst we’ve been working through this unprecedented situation.

‘We’ll be back stronger than ever in 2021 and we hope to see you all again next year.’

No more: The annual music extravaganza held in Newport, Isle of Wight, was due to take place between June 11 and June 14, and be headlined by Lionel Richie, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, The Chemical Brothers and Duran Duran

Annoying for them: Duran Duran were also set to take the page

Other artists who were set to play included Pete Tong, Sam Fender, James Arthur, Dido, Example, Happy Mondays, JC Stewart, Kaiser Chiefs, Maisie Peters, Primal Scream, Shed Seven, Sigma (DJ set) and The Manor.

The decision comes after Glastonbury festival also decided to postpone the Worthy Farm event due to the global health crisis.

The Isle of Wight Festival will give those have bought tickets a full refund, or the opportunity to use their tickets next year.

Source: Read Full Article