Louise Thompson has revealed she and fiancé Ryan were involved in a "bad house fire" in the middle of the night.

Former Made in Chelsea star Louise is currently pregnant with her first child with husband-to-be Ryan.

Louise, 31, shared the "absolutely devastating" news on her Instagram story on Saturday 9 October, after staying away from social media since Wednesday 6 October.

Mum-to-be Louise explained the blaze began after a wine cooler "exploded" in the middle of the night.

She began by telling followers: "Morning guys. A few of you have noticed we have been offline since Wednesday.

"Contrary to popular opinion (thanks for your well wishes) I haven't gone into labour, but we were involved in a bad house fire in the middle of the night.

"Thankfully myself, Ryan, my mum and the dogs are all ok."

Louise continued: "It was an absolutely devastating experience but we managed to get out with minimal damage to our health (including the dogs who we lost in the blinding smoke at one point).

"The emergency services were incredible and arrived in 2 minutes.

"Still probably in shock as it was pretty scary, and could have ended in a different outcome but we will get through it and be grateful for our luck.

"A big wake up call as to what is really important in life" she added followed by a red heart emoji.

Louise then explained her reasons for sharing the news with fans on her social media and urged people to be aware of how serious a house fire could be.

She wrote: "There are 2 main reasons I'm sharing on here. 1. To thank the emergency services. If the fire engines had arrived 5 min utes later then things would have looked very different.

"Until you have experienced this type of a fire first hand I don't think you understand the sheer power of it.

"As someone who is very fit and able bodied I always thought I was invincible and could escape any fight or flight scenario. Well let me tell you, you CANNOT escape the power of fire."

The pregnant star went on: "The thick chemical smoke travelled so fast throughout the house which meant that within seconds it was impossible to see or breathe. You literally have seconds to make a decision.

"The only place that offers safety is outside where you have the capacity to run away to safe air away from the flame and smoke. I now understand why people have to jump out of buildings because they have NO other option and that is a scenario that has been going rumour and round in my head – it breaks my heart.

"I have so much admiration for these men and women who work in the fire services who run the other way into a burning building to rescue people and save homes.

"They are risking their lives every time. So a big thank you to them."

She then insisted to fans: "I urge you guys to check your fire and smoke alarms TODAY because without them we might not have woken up and there may not have been an escape route out.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

"I also urge you guys to pay attention whenever you are taken through a fire frill or moving somewhere new or even staying at a hotel. There should be fire signs on the back of a door. It's important to know what your options are."

Louise went on to explain the cause of the blaze as she wrote: "In our case no one had done anything wrong, there was nothing we could have done to prevent it.

"A wine cooler that no one ever really touched exploded in the middle of the night.

"Fridge fires are scary because there is no build up and they happen without warning. It doesn't start slowly releasing a bit of smoke to trigger the alarms giving you a chance to think about thins. It's a zero-100 sort of situation. I also believe the combination of electricity with water and plastic is a pretty toxic combination. The pair honestly smelled of pure poison."

"Now we are trying to wrap our heads round everything and our main priority is to find somewhere to live," Louise said at the end of the string of posts.

Source: Read Full Article