- Tom Hanks said he now knows how to spread Vegemite properly after he was teased on social media for using too much.
- Hanks posted an update about him and his wife Rita Wilson's conditions on Instagram on Tuesday after the couple tested positive for the coronavirus.
- The Hollywood actor baited commenters when he uploaded a photo on Instagram on Monday of his Vegemite on toast.
- Fans from Australia were quick to poke fun at the actor for the excessive amount of the native spread he had used.
- Hanks also said on his latest update that the "good news" is that his coronavirus symptoms are "much the same" and the "bad news" is Wilson had won six hands in a row in the card game gin rummy.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tom Hanks has joked that he finally knows how to spread Vegemite properly after he was mocked online for using too much of it while in quarantine in Australia.
Mr Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, both 63, announced earlier this month that they had been diagnosed with Covid-19 while in Australia working on an Elvis Presley biopic.
On Monday, a representative for Mr Hanks confirmed that he and his wife had left hospital, where they were getting treatment, and were now self-isolating in a rented home.
During his quarantine, the Forrest Gump actor sparked debate online when he posted a photo of Vegemite on toast.
Some social media users questioned why Mr Hanks had spread such a thick layer, while others praised his picture and said that he was a "true Australian".
Posting his latest update, Mr Hanks announced the "good news" that his symptoms remained similar.
Hanks wrote on Instagram: "Good news. One week after testing positive, in self-isolation, the symptoms are much the same. No fever but the blahs.
"Folding the laundry and doing the dishes leads to a nap on the couch."
The Hollywood star added that the "bad news" was that his wife had won six hands in a row in the card game gin rummy.
However, on the upside, he now knew "not to spread my vegemite so thick".
He shared the message alongside a typewriter he said he had been travelling with which had the word "corona" printed on it.
Mr Hanks joked that he "used to love" the machine.
He added: "We are all in this together. Flatten the curve. Hanx."
Source: Read Full Article