IF you're looking for the best winter boots for women, you've come to the right place.
We've scoured the web to bring you some of the cosiest and most stylish boots out there this season; from long flat boots that are perfect for wintry walks, to heeled ankle styles that will elevate the simplest of outfits.
It's always a good idea to stock up on footwear for the colder months, and boots are a versatile item that you'll always be able to get plenty of wear from.
We've found some staple options for every budget, whether you're looking for a decent pair of boots that won't break the bank, or don't mind investing a bit on something that'll last the distance.
So without further ado; these are the best winter boots for women.
Best winter boots for women at a glance:
- Best for the slopes: CROCS Classic Neo Puff Luxe Calf Boots
- Best timeless pair: Dr. Martens 1460 W Patent Leather Boots
- Best long-length: La Redoute Collections Over-The-Knee Boots with Square Toe
- Best for comfort: Relife by Pavers Casual Ankle Boots
- Best everyday pair: New Look Black Leather-Look Chelsea Boots
- Best for going out: New Look Black Leather Pointed Block Heel Ankle Boots
1. Rocket Dog Women's Slope Long Boots
- Rocket Dog Women's Slope Long Boots, £59.99 from Amazon – buy here
California-founded brand Rocket Dog may have its roots in beachy sandals and flip-flops, but it excels in winter boots too.
This black suede pair is described as 'super comfy' – and that certainly looks to be the case, with the cosy faux sheepskin lining and chunky rubber sole.
We love that the toggle detailing gives these boots a slight '70s nod; think flowy dresses and paisley prints if you really want to dial up the vibe.
Most read in Fashion and Beauty
Boots launch £25 No7 Star Gift worth £79 – and it’s full of best-sellers
Add(idas) to basket
Shoppers rush to buy ‘comfy’ Adidas leggings scanning for £10
CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY
Lovehoney Advent Calendar 2023 UK on sale now
Amazon shoppers race to buy ‘best’ gym leggings with ‘tummy control’ for £8.49
'Massive fan of these. Never tried this brand before but will definitely buy more. It’s like wearing slippers that are durable outside' says one five-star review.
2. Sole London Women's Flat Fur Lined Grip Sole Combat Ankle Boots
- Sole London Womens Flat Fur Lined Grip Sole Combat Ankle Boots, £14.95 – £17.90 from Amazon – buy here
These boots by Sole London have a Timberland-style feel – but for less.
They're available in several shades including classic camel, as well as a white pair that look ultra chic for winter.
We've opted for navy for a splash of bold colour that looks stylish contrasted with the faux fur lining.
With grip sole heels, they're perfect for maintaining your balance in slippery weather.
One reviewer who bought them for a festival notes: 'They were extremely comfortable with no rubbing at all. They kept my feet dry the whole weekend through puddles and lots of mud.
'Bought originally to throw away after festival but loved them so much I've kept them for dog walking in the woods'.
- Best cardigans
- Best knee-high boots for wide calves
- Best denim dresses
- Best petite maxi dresses
- Best trainers to wear with dresses
3. CROCS Classic Neo Puff Luxe Calf Boots
CROCS Classic Neo Puff Luxe Calf Boots,
£88£74.80 from La Redoute – buy here
Time to get the big guns out.
If you're serious about winter boots, this pair by CROCS aren't messing about.
Perfect for snow and ice, they come lined in faux fur and boast 400g of insulation as well as a sawtooth rubber outsole for extra traction.
4. Dr. Martens 1460 W Patent Leather Boots
- Dr. Martens 1460 W Patent Leather Boots, £169 from La Redoute – buy here
You can't go wrong with a pair of DMs in the winter – they're a worthy investment that'll last for years and years.
This pair features the brand's iconic silhouette in a high-shine, patent finish that adds a bit of glam.
And of course, the PVC sole and robust outer means that they're durable and provide plenty of grip.
5. La Redoute Collections Over-The-Knee Boots with Square Toe
La Redoute Collections Over-The-Knee Boots with Square Toe,
£75£52.50 from La Redoute – buy here
There's nothing like an over-the-knee boot to get you looking forward to winter.
Chic yet practical, reserved yet a little bit sultry, they're an instant way to elevate a simple pair of jeans or a plain dress.
These ones from La Redoute feature a small block heel for comfortable height and a squared toe for a modern look.
6. Relife by Pavers Casual Ankle Boots
- Relife by Pavers Casual Ankle Boots, £57.99 from Pavers – buy here
'Better quality than I expected for the price. Have lived in them since they arrived!' raves one impressed five-star review about these boots.
In from Pavers, they're part of the brand's Relife range, which utilises 'comfort technology for super comfy all-day wear'.
Strap detail adds detail and interest to the aesthetic, while on a practical level, they boast cushioned insoles which feature an inbuilt massage element for shock-absorption and comfort.
7. Skechers Relaxed Fit- Easy Going – Moro Street
Skechers Relaxed Fit- Easy Going – Moro Street,
£85£58.99 from Skechers – buy here
These water-repellent ankle boots by Skechers were made for winter weather and will come in handy on snow days.
Crafted from leather and a quilted woven fabric, the faux-fur trim adds extra cosiness plus they benefit from Skechers Air-Cooled Memory Foam insoles for total comfort and support.
8. New Look Black Leather-Look Chelsea Boots
- New Look Black Leather-Look Chelsea Boots, £22.99 from New Look – buy here
Every wardrobe needs a good pair of Chelsea boots: fact.
This pair from New Look comes in at a great price and has already racked up some strong five-star reviews from shoppers, who praise the quality and sturdiness.
The cleated soles are ideal for winter wear, plus the elasticated panel makes the pull-on design really easy to put on and take off.
9. New Look Black Leather Pointed Block Heel Ankle Boots
- New Look Black Leather Pointed Block Heel Ankle Boots, £69.99 from New Look – buy here
If you're after a sleek and stylish pair of boots to add some polish to any outfit, look no further.
Crafted from soft leather, these New Look ankle boots feature a pointed toe and block heel for an on-trend silhouette.
They'll look great with everything from jeans to a coordinating leather mini-skirt.
10. New Look Wide Fit Black Suedette Slouchy Knee High Boots
- New Look Wide Fit Black Suedette Slouchy Knee High Boots, £39.99 from New Look – buy here
New Look just keeps delivering on winter boots.
Sitting at knee height, this slouchy pair creates a more casual vibe on chilly days: perfect for seeing you through the weekend.
Made from a soft suedette, they're suitable for a D fitting – ideal if you have wide feet and struggle to find winter boots that fit.
11. Barbour International Mugello Biker Style Wellington Boots
- Barbour International Mugello Biker Style Wellington Boots, £69.95 from John Lewis – buy here
For winter wellies with serious style credentials; it has to be Barbour.
Ideal for dog walks and festivals alike, the biker style toughens up this pair, while the shiny finish and gold buckle detailing add some glam elements.
'Once again the classy Barbour quality shines through' writes one happy shopper.
12. Mango Track Platform Boot
- Mango Track Platform Boot, £59.99 from Mango – buy here
These Mango boots mean business.
Everything from the cleated platform soles to the elasticated panel make these a winning choice for comfy winter wear.
Style with turn-up jeans to really show these off.
13. Jones Bootmaker Isabetta Chunky Suede Boots
- Jones Bootmaker Isabetta Chunky Suede Boots,
£125£59 from Jones Bootmaker – buy here
These chunky suede boots by Jones Bootmaker are the ultimate in cosiness.
The faux-fur cuff and fluffy internal lining are designed to 'keep the cold at bay', while the chunky outsole is equipped with a cleated tread for grip and stability.
According to some reviews, they come up big so you might want to size down.
14. M&S Collection Chelsea Flat Ankle Boots
- M&S Collection Chelsea Flat Ankle Boots, £35 from M&S – buy here
M&S is a go-to for quality and value, so these Chelsea boots are definitely worth checking out.
Available in versatile tan as well as other colourways including black with animal print trim, they're made from vegan suede and have antibacterial padding inside to keep you feeling fresh.
The flat design makes these a staple for everyday wear, too.
15. M&S Collection Brogue Detail Lace-Up Flat Ankle Boots
- M&S Collection Brogue Detail Lace Up Flat Ankle Boots, £39.50 from M&S – buy here
Channel heritage style with a classic pair of brogue detail ankle boots.
These will look great whether you wear them dressed down with denim or to toughen up a floral dress.
They're equipped with Insolia Flex technology which promises to 'ensure optimal foot placement as you walk', plus the added antibacterial padding keeps them fresh.
How much are the best winter boots for women?
Winter boots come in a range of prices – ideal whether you're shopping on a budget or prepared to spend more on an investment pair.
In our search, the cheapest pair was Sole London Womens Flat Fur Lined Grip Sole Combat Ankle Boots, which are priced between £14.95 and £17.90.
The priciest, meanwhile, was Dr. Martens 1460 W Patent Leather Boots, which at £169, will stand the test of time.
Where to buy the best winter boots for women?
Winter boots are available from hundreds of places online, which can make sifting through a bit of a challenge. To save you time, these are our favourite spots:
- La Redoute
- New Look
- John Lewis
- Jones Bootmaker
Read More on The Sun
Nine freebies and discounts worth £6k for those on Universal Credit in November
Morrisons shoppers grab new ice cream inspired by iconic British dessert
What to look for in the best winter boots for women?
There are a few features to pay attention to when it comes to winter boots. Designs that feature an insulated lining will be great for warmth, while outer soles that are cleated or sawtooth will have plenty of grip and traction.
If you're looking for an all-weather pair, then definitely look for boots that have a waterproof or resistant finish, too.
Looking for more stylish savings at your favourite fashion chains? Visit Sun Vouchers where you’ll find amazing discounts and voucher codes for hundreds of fashion retailers including ASOS, Very, River Island, Roman Originals, New Look and more.
Source: Read Full Article