Most people love doughnuts whether you prefer them covered in chocolate and filled with creme or simply glazed.
But, nothing beats a freshly baked, warm doughnut from the oven.
And, usually that’s a once in a while treat when you walk past a bakery.
Well, thanks to Aldi Australia you can make delicious fried doughnuts covered in cinnamon and sugar in just 15 minutes.
They’re really simple and the recipe uses puff pastry – so they somewhat resemble a cronut.
That’s a croissant mash up with a doughnut if you’ve never spotted one.
What's your favourite easy dessert recipe? Tell us in the comments…
All you need is some premed puff pastry, vegetable oil, an egg, flour and some cinnamon and sugar to top.
Aldi Australia shared the recipe on Instagram where thousands of fans liked and commented on the delicious doughnuts.
Here’s how to make them:
Puff Pastry Doughnuts
- Six sheets of puff pastry
- 1 litre of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Plain flour to dust your work surface
- Heat oil in a deep fryer (or deep pan) to 180°C.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean work surface. Lay one pastry sheet on floured surface and using round cookie cutters, cut out six large circles for the donuts and six smaller circles inside the larger circles to form a donut shape. Remove the centre circle from each donut and brush each with a little of the whisked egg.
- Repeat this process for all six pastry sheets. Stack the cut donut shapes, one on top of the other, until you get a stack 12 layers high for each donut. Set each completed donut aside and continue making the stacks until you have three donuts (each 12 layers high).
- When the oil is hot enough, using a skewer, lower each donut into the oil and fry for about five to seven minutes until cooked though.
- While donuts are frying, mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.Remove the donuts and place on paper towel to drain.
- While they are still warm, toss them in the cinnamon and sugar and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
One fan commented on the post: "Oh wow these look amazing!”
“Um, excuse meeee,” added another.
While a third wrote: “OMG, why am I dieting?”
You can find your local Aldi to buy all the ingredients using their handy Store Locator tool.
Source: Read Full Article