Prince Andrew not invited to Queen’s NATO reception after Epstein controversy
FOX Business’ David Asman discusses the royal family and Prince Andrew not being invited to the Queen’s NATO reception with President Trump and other world leaders. This comes after the prince’s ‘disastrous’ BBC interview and increased scrutiny over his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.
The BBC has reportedly decreased publicity for its soon-to-be-aired interview with Prince Andrew's accuser, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, because of the topic’s “sensitive nature,” The Times reported Monday.
Continue Reading Below
"The Prince and the Epstein Scandal" details the accounts of women who accused Andrew’s longtime friend, financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, of subjecting them to various sex acts against them – including, in some cases, while they were minors. The hour-long program airs Monday at 9 p.m. local time on BBC Panorama.
GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE
Giuffre, one of the main women interviewed, has spoken publicly about how she was allegedly forced to engage in sexual acts with the embattled prince three times, including when she was 17. Andrew has previously denied her claims.
“It was a really scary time in my life,” Giuffre said in a previously released clip from the interview. “He knows what happened, I know what happened and there’s only one of us telling the truth.”
A TV source recently told U.K.-based outlet The Sun that Giuffre’s BBC interview “will cause ramifications” for the royal.
“If people thought Newsnight was a disaster for the duke this is really going to put the cat amongst the pigeons,” the anonymous person said. Another source added: “It’s fair to say everyone is nervously chewing their lips at Buckingham Palace to see what she will say.”