Organisation queen: The FIVE daily habits to learn for a perfectly clean home – as the benefits of making your bed every morning are revealed
- Australian mum Carolina has shared her five daily habits for a cleaner house
- The Perth mum shared a video on social media with her millions of followers
- The habits involve making the bed and folding laundry straight away
- Others include making sure the sink clean and keeping benchtops clear
- Despite the simple tactics, some parents said this would be difficult with kids
A super organised Australian mother-of-two has listed the five habits to include in your daily routine to keep the house clean.
Carolina, from Perth, shared a short video on TikTok and Instagram with her combined following of 1.6 million people.
The daily routine involves making your bed every morning, always keeping the kitchen sink clean and folding laundry straight away.
Scroll down for video
Australian mother-of-two Carolina who’s known for sharing cleaning videos online has revealed her five daily habits to keeping the house tidy
Before leaving a room, she recommends making sure it’s clear by returning all used items to their original spot and keeping bench surfaces clutter-free
Before leaving a room, she recommends making sure it’s clear by returning all used items to their original spot and keeping bench surfaces clutter-free.
Next, she suggested making your bed every morning and always making sure the sink is clean.
Her final tip is to fold and put away all dry laundry straight away to prevent wrinkles.
Completing the small tasks everyday should only take a few minutes to do rather than letting the chores to stack up.
* It may improve your sleep quality. A poll conducted by the National Sleep Foundation found that people who make their bed in the morning are 19 percent more likely to have a good night’s sleep, every night.
* Making your bed each morning could make you more productive. According to Naval Admiral William McRaven if you start your day by making your bed, that means you can go ahead with the rest of your day knowing that you’ve already accomplished something.
* Once the act of making your bed becomes a ritual, you may find that other good habits will naturally follow.
* We have good days, and sometimes we have ‘one of those days’. We never know when these kinds of days are going to take place, but you can gain comfort in knowing that your bed is at home already made, waiting for you to rest and relax in.
Source: Architectural Digest & Domain
Next, she suggested making your bed every morning and always making sure the sink is clean
Completing the small tasks everyday would only take a couple minutes to do rather than letting the chores to stack up
Despite the helpful advice, other social media users said with young children the house wouldn’t stay clean for very long.
‘But then the husband and kids wake up for snacks, find something or spill something for you to wake up too,’ one mum said.
‘I don’t know about the folding laundry part, it usually takes me five to seven business days,’ another joked.
A third added: ‘It’s so difficult to get into the habit of doing all this regularly. Still trying, wish me luck.’
The TikTok video has since gone viral and received over 217,000 views, with others considering the tips to be inspirational.
Carolina’s five habits to keep the house clean:
1. When leaving a room, always make sure it’s clear
2. Keep all surfaces flat and clutter-free
3. Make your bed every morning
4. Always keen the kitchen sink clean
5. Fold the clean laundry straight away to prevent wrinkles
Source: Read Full Article