DANIEL Dubois returns to the ring tomorrow as the British heavyweight champ defends his crown against Kyotaro Fujimoto at the Olympic Park.

Meanwhile, Anthony Joshua wants to fight Andy Ruiz Jr for a third time and Kell Brook has announced he will return to the ring in March.

Follow the latest gossip and boxing news below…

  • TOMMY FURY will take on unknown Polish fighter Przemyslaw Binienda when he returns to the ring for the first time since Love Island.

    The 20-year-old, brother of heavyweight legend Tyson, bravely rocked up to Friday's weigh-in wearing some cheeky Christmas pants.

    Fury will fighting on the undercard of Daniel Dubois' showdown against Kyotaro Fujimoto at the Copper Box in Hackney Wick.

    The reality TV star boasts a record of 2-0 after beating Callum Ide last year and Jevgenijs Andrejevs in 2018.

    Fury weighed in at 12st 11lbs 8oz ahead of his comeback fight against the Polish underdog on Saturday.

    Binienda has won just two times in 28 attempts – with 10 of his defeats coming via knockout.

  • ANTHONY JOSHUA may have to accept a 50-50 purse split to fight Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder, claims Eddie Hearn.

    The British superstar is back on top of the heavyweight division after he snatched his belts back from Andy Ruiz Jr in the rematch.

    Joshua has officially been ordered by the WBO to face mandatory challengers Oleksandr Usyk.

    But the 30-year-old has set his sights on beating long-term rivals Fury, 31, and WBC heavyweight champion Wilder, 34.

    Hearn said: “Speaking to iFL TV, he said: “He hopes Fury wins because he knows Fury will fight him.

    “The whole problem is, that they all wanted 50-50. Neither of them [Wilder or Fury] deserved it.

    “Do they deserve it now? There's a good argument.

    “AJ has lost, but he has come back, he's still a huge star.

    “But we all need each other and we acknowledge that now.

    “At the time Wilder was earning peanuts. You can't go from earning £3-4m to £40m when a guy is making 10 times as much as you.

    “Now he's got a decent deal because DAZN helped him get that. Is it 50-50? That's for AJ to decide.”

  • ANTHONY JOSHUA'S trainer Angel Fernandez believes the boxer trimming down was key to his revenge win against Andy Ruiz Jr.

    Back on December 7 out in Saudi Arabia the Brit secured an easy points win against a man who had previously floored him four times on the way to a KO win.

    It meant Joshua regained back his heavyweight world titles and once his mandatory fights are out the way he could fight Deontay Wilder and/or Tyson Fury.

    Asked whether losing muscle mass contributed to AJ's victory, Fernandez told World Boxing News: “Big time. He’s just a person who learns very quick.

    “We couldn’t go and engage with Ruiz because he’s got very fast hands.

    “Some people just try to take the credit away from Joshua but if you just watch the first fight and then the second fight, Joshua didn’t allow Ruiz to do what he did to him in the first fight.

    “He took those strengths away from him.”

  • TOMMY FURY has admitted he feared he had become a “washed out” reality TV star after he decided to swap “fake life” and return to boxing.

    The 20-year-old, younger brother of former world champion Tyson Fury, was already a pro boxer with a record of 2-0 when he entered the Love Island villa last summer.

    Fury is making his return to the ring tonight on the undercard of Daniel Dubois’ heavyweight clash with Kyotaro Fujimoto at the Copper Box Arena.

    Speaking to the Metro he said: “I was doing these personal appearances when I came out of the villa.

    “You sort of look at yourself and what makes you happy?

    “I’ll never forget it, I remember I was coming back late from a nightclub and it was six or seven in the morning.

    “I had a bottle of beer in my hand and was watching the sun come up.

    “It hit me then. I’d trained all my life and this doesn’t make me happy.

    “I don’t want to be another washed up reality star in five years.

    “I want to use the platform I’ve got now and also, use it in the right way.

    “Not use it for fame or glory, channel it towards my boxing. Boxing is my passion and it makes me happy.”

  • FORMER four-weight boxing world champion Adrien Broner has been ordered to pay more than £600,000 to a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted by him at a nightclub.

    The 30-year-old pleaded guilty to assault and unlawful restraint in April after the woman, 35, claimed the welterweight lay on her and forced his tongue into her mouth in Cleveland last year.

    Now Cleveland.com claim Cuyahoga County judge Nancy Margaret Russo ordered £384,010 in punitive damages and £192,005 in compensation damages, plus lawyer fees, which brings the total to £637,456.

    The unidentified victim’s lawyer said: “One would hope this judgment will teach Adrien Broner to keep his hands to himself.”

    Broner was initially arrested by cops on charges of gross sexual imposition, abduction and misdemeanour sexual imposition, following the incident at Cleveland's Park Social Lounge.

    The victim, who used the alias Katherine Larson, told police: “Next thing you know all of a sudden, I'm laid flat on my back and he's on top of me, literally all of his body weight and just starts kissing me.

    “And I'm trying to turn and he told me to ‘shut up’ and told me to just kiss him. And then he told me to hold him.”

    The woman claimed she had to go through months of counselling and therapy for PTSD after the assault.

    Broner's lawyer, Ian Friedman, initially denied the allegations but later declared his client wanted to put the ordeal behind him – but the boxer did not appear at Tuesday's civil hearing.

Source: Read Full Article