CHELSEA might not be playing much football at the moment – but there's always drama down at the Bridge.

The Premier League have extended the coronavirus ban meaning that the Blues will not be in Premier League action again before April 30.

While former forward Gonzalo Higuain has been stopped in Italy trying to escape quarantine.

Follow all the latest updates and Chelsea gossip below…

  • STRIKE OR YOUR OUT

    Chelsea have reportedly joined Manchester United in the race to snare Arsenal contract rebel Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang away from the Emirates.

    SunSport exclusively revealed on Thursday how the Red Devils are eyeing up a £50million swoop for the Gabon international as he nears the end of his contract in North London.

    And after selling Olivier Giroud to the Blues that same month, it has been reported that Chelsea are set to raid Arsenal once again.

    According to 90min, the West London outfit are one of a number of teams looking to nab Aubameyang, with Frank Lampard known to want to bring in a new centre-forward.

    Lampard wants a striker to compete with Tammy Abraham up top, while the futures of Giroud and Michy Batshuayi remain unclear.

  • IT'S OB-ER

    Mikel’s £35,000-a-week deal ran until 2021 but he had been assured of an extra year.

    But the former Stamford Bridge midfielder, 32, is knows what he wants.

    He added: “I told the club, ‘OK, if that’s what you’re saying, I’m ready to give up my contract.

    “To be with my family, to help the world to do the right thing — everybody needs to stay at home at this point in time.’

    “I have taken a financial hit by taking this stance. It is worth every single penny, I’m telling you.

    “To see my kids happy and fine, to know we will survive this together; the only way we can beat this is by being at home with your family, taking care of your family, your neighbour.”

  • MIK OF TIME

    John Obi Mikel quit Trabzonspor after a ‘threat’ from the Turkish club.

    The ex-Chelsea midfielder ripped up his contract and fled back to the UK to be with his family during the coronavirus while Turkish Super Lig games continued to be played.

    Speaking to the Athletic, Mikel said: “They were really upset about the whole thing.

    “I was told to meet with the president in his office one-on-one.

    “He asked me to take it down (the post). I told him I wasn’t going to do that. It’s my opinion. This is how I feel.

    “We live in a free world. I have freedom of speech. I can express my opinion.”

  • LEAGUE OF HER OWN

    John Terry’s daughter proved skills run in the family as she took the “Stay At Home Challenge” to the next level.

    Summer, 13, sent fans wild as she used her dad’s Champions League trophy as part of her trick.

    Following the outbreak of coronavirus, stars have been showing off their skills with a toilet roll from the comfort of their own homes.

    Lionel Messi, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are among the big names that have joined in with the fun while in self isolation.

    And Terry’s daughter proved she is following her in father’s footsteps with her incredible attempt at the challenge.

  • Morning, Chelsea fans!

    Transfers are the talk of West London as the Blues head towards Frank Lampard’s first summer window since the transfer ban was lifted.

    The Express report Arsenal skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could swap the Emirates for Stamford Bridge as Chelsea turn their attention to the Gabon striker after it appears they are unlikely to sign Timo Werner.

    The two London clubs could also be set to compete for 22-year-old Bayer Leverkusen star Leon Bailey.

    The winger is valued in the region of £85million and Chelsea’s interest is reported to have prompted Arsenal into action.

    In a big boost to Lampard, it seems experienced Brazilian Willian is set to stay with the club after he suggested his future was at Chelsea when speaking to Brazilian TV.

    Despite having a number of promising young guns in defence, Chelsea are being linked with a move for Lazio defender Francesco Acerbi.

    The 32-year-old would bring some experience to a youthful looking backline after impressing in Serie A this season.

    However vice-captain Jorginho could be set for a reunion with Maurizio Sarri at Juventus, despite having a contract until 2023.

    The duo formed a formidable relationship at Napoli and Sarri brought the midfielder with him to Chelsea in 2018 and reports suggest they could once again be reunited.

    Former Blue Gonzalo Higuain is in hot water after reportedly trying to flee coronavirus-hit Italy on a private jet with his family.

    The Juventus striker is meant to be in self-isolation but reports suggest the Argentine was making a bid to go home but the 32-year-old was stopped by authorities yesterday despite flashing his negative test result for Covid-19.

    Another former Chelsea player, Tore Andre Flo has reassured fans that new Fifa rules will not negatively impact the club.

    This summer Fifa will stop clubs from loaning out more than eight players aged over 22 but Flo says Chelsea – well known for loaning out lots of players – will be fine as their main focus is on sending out younger academy graduates.

Source: Read Full Article