Conor McGregor confirms UFC 264 trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier is on for July 10 and vows to 'destroy' rival

CONOR MCGREGOR has confirmed his blockbuster trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier has been 'booked' for July 10.

A series decider between the former featherweight rivals has been on tap ever since the Irishman's stunning second-round KO defeat to The Diamond at UFC 257 in January.

Last month, it emerged Poirier vs McGregor III was being targeted for UFC 264 on July 10.

Fan favourite Poirier put pen to paper on the bout agreement issued to him by the UFC brass earlier this week.

And McGregor confirmed the big-money bout is set on Saturday afternoon, tweeting: "The fight is booked!

"July 10th you’re gonna see what the Mac is about."

The UFC's first simultaneous two-weight world champion was brutalised by debilitating calf kicks before he was put away by the new-and-improved Poirier.

And he's vowed to brutally exact revenge on the former interim lightweight champion in their tiebreaker.

He continued: "Adjust and f**king destroy."

CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: CLAIM UP TO £800 IN CASINO BONUS CASH

The UFC are hoping to host their eighth pay-per-view card of the year in front of a sold-out crowd at Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena.

Last month, UFC supremo Dana White was asked if the card could take place in Sin City and replied: "I hope so, that's the plan."

Victory in their Abu Dhabi dust-up saw Poirier avenge his 2014 defeat to The Notorious, who left him in a heap in just under two minutes at UFC 178.

Although he's confident of having his hand raised again, Poirier insists his third meeting with McGregor is by no means a foregone conclusion.

When asked if he reckons he has Mystic Mac's number, Poirier told UFC commentator Joe Rogan: "It's fighting, man.


"I don't think you ever really have [someone's number].

"He'll make adjustments and it'll be a completely different fight.

"Like the first one and the second was different, the third one is gonna be different as well."

Poirier, 32, doesn't intends to enter thefight with the same approach.

He added: "I'm gonna make adjustments as well.

"I've gotta switch it up, keep things fresh and keep him guessing."

McGregor is relishing the winner-takes-all bout, recently writing on Instagram: "One a piece now with a trilogy bout for all the marbles! Wow! Exciting!

“Not a trilogy I was expecting, nor the tactical affair I was anticipating, but I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t meant to be.

“This is exactly how this was always meant to be! Buzzing!!”

Source: Read Full Article