The Kansas City Chiefs (11-4) will close out their regular season on Sunday afternoon against the visiting Los Angeles Chargers (5-10). The game will be at Arrowhead Stadium and kickoff is set for at 1 p.m. ET.
Chargers at Chiefs: Week 17 preview, betting trends and notes
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- The Chargers are 1-5 straight-up and against the spread in their last six games.
- Kansas City is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games against the Chargers.
- The Chiefs are 5-0 ATS in their last five games, winning all five by at least seven points – and three by 20 or more points.
- The Chiefs are 4-1 SU in their last five games at home against the Chargers.
- The total has gone under in each of the Chiefs’ last five games.
- Kansas City is 12-5 in its last 17 games at home dating back to last season (including playoffs).
Chargers at Chiefs: Key injuries
- Chargers T Russell Okung (groin) is uncertain to play and could be replaced by Trey Pipkins.
- Chiefs CB Morris Claiborne has a shoulder injury and is questionable for Sunday.
Chargers at Chiefs: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Friday at 1 p.m. ET.
Chiefs 27, Chargers 17
Moneyline ( ?)
The Chiefs have plenty to play for, with a first-round bye in the playoffs still within reach. They won’t be resting starters, and should put the pedal down in Week 17.
Take the CHIEFS (-385) to win outright on Sunday, especially with the moneyline being a reasonable price.
Against the Spread ( ?)
The Chiefs are only 8.5-point favorites over the Chargers, who have lost five of their last six. The last time they met, the Chiefs won by seven points, but this game is at home and Los Angeles is playing poorly as of late.
Kansas City will win this game comfortably. The only concern is Andy Reid pulling starters in a blowout. Still, take the CHIEFS -8.5 (-110) to cover and win.
Over/Under ( ?)
The over/under is 46.5 points. The Chiefs haven’t allowed more than 17 points in any of their last five games and the Chargers have only scored more than 20 once in their last five.
Bet the UNDER 46.5 (-134), partly because the Chiefs defense is playing extremely well right now.
Want action on this game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @camdasilva and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
College football fans were in awe of the ref’s dramatic flop in the Quick Lane Bowl
NFL fans had lots of jokes on what the Raiders’ sweet new stadium looks like
Rick Carlisle delivers all-time rant in response to ‘Inside the NBA’ Kristaps Porzingis criticism
Penn State’s kicker spent Christmas booting balls off the Dallas Cowboys’ huge Jumbotron
Eli Manning having a beer guy in every NFL stadium during his career is too good
Source: Read Full Article