ANTHONY MARTIAL has been told to focus on Manchester United – because nobody has made an offer to sign him.

Interim boss Ralf Rangnick confirmed that the French international striker told him he wants out of Old Trafford.


Rangnick says they will only sell the 26-year-old next month if it suits the club.

And United are still fighting in three competitions and seem certain to have a busy end to the season.

Despite reports of interest from Seville, Rangnick says nobody has made a move for Martial.

Rangnick said: “Yes we spoke on Wednesday. We spoke at length. He explained to me he’s been at Manchester United now for seven years and he feels it’s the right time for a change, to go somewhere else.

“In a way this is understandable, I could follow his thoughts but on the other hand, it’s also important to see the situation of the club.

“We have Covid times, we have three competitions in which we still have high ambitions.

Most read in Football

GAME OFF

Leeds clash with Aston Villa latest Premier League game called OFF due to Covid

RAP IT UP

Liverpool interested in Bowen and Raphinha as Jurgen Klopp targets new winger

ALGERIA MOURNS

Footballer dies on pitch during match after heart attack on Christmas Day

HEART & SAUL

Saul played on with horror Atletico kidney injury, he won't duck Chelsea fight

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

“I told him as long as there is no club showing interest in him, and it should not only be in the interest of the player it should also be in the interest of the club.

“So far, as far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and as long as this is the case he will stay.”

Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley irritated Rangnick earlier this month by going public with his client’s desire to leave prior to discussing it with the United boss.

The striker, who cost £36million from Monaco in 2015 in a deal that could rise to £58m, has started only three matches in all competitions this season with the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo limiting his opportunities.

Meanwhile, Rangnick says he is only focussed on getting Paul Pogba fit again – despite his contract ticking down.

The record signing will be free to talk to other clubs later this week as his deal at Old Trafford expires in the summer.

Pogba has been out since early November with a thigh injury but is closing in on a return to action.

Rangnick said: “Of course I’ve spoken to Paul. On the day he came back from Dubai we spoke in person. We also spoke over the phone when he was still in Dubai.

“Right now, it’s about for him to get fit again, to get training fit, not just be match fit.

“I think this will take as far as I know another couple of weeks and until then my full focus is on the players who are available and who can play in the upcoming games.”

⚽ Read our Manchester United live blog for the latest news and transfer gossip from Old Trafford

    Source: Read Full Article