Rangers star Kemar Roofe slapped with FOUR-GAME ban by Uefa for 'assaulting' Slavia Prague keeper in horror challenge

UEFA have banned Rangers striker Kemar Roofe for four games after his horror tackle on the Slavia Prague goalkeeper.

Steven Gerrard's side were also hit with a massive fine by the European football chiefs.

Roofe, 28, clattered into Slavia stopper Ondrej Kolar with an out-of-control high boot in their Europa League clash on March 18.

The keeper needed a stretcher to take him off the field.

And it was revealed the 26-year-old had in fact fractured his skull in the process.

Pictures after the match showed the gruesome cuts to the face sustained in the challenge.

The Gers striker was found guilty of 'assault', being cited under Article 15(1).

The decision made by the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body said: "To suspend Rangers FC player, Mr. Kemar Roofe, for four (4) Uefa club competition matches for which he would otherwise be eligible, for dangerously assaulting another player."

Rangers were stung with a £7,800 fine by European football's governing body.

The Ibrox club breached Article 15(4), where five or more players were found to have been guilty of improper conduct.


They have 90 days to fulfil the payment.

Uefa say Rangers must ensure them that Roofe is personally informed of the decision.

Injured keeper Kolar, who returned to action against Arsenal three weeks on from the incident, will have to wear a head guard for the rest of his career.

And earlier today, the Slavia ace lashed out at Roofe as he revealed he has yet to receive an apology from the Englishman over the high-boot.

He also opened up on the messages of hate from Rangers fans on social media.

Speaking for the first time about the incident, he said: "I read what he said. He said he was first to the ball, but he didn't add that he kicked it out of my hand, collided with my leg and hit me on the head.

"He saw me the whole time. Anyone who has ever kicked a ball knows that the foot can always be pulled down. It's a game of football, it shouldn't be about my health.

"If I ever met him again I'd say nothing. I'd wait for him to see if he apologised and asked about my health.

I was disappointed that Roofe did not apologise

"I waited for Roofe to write me a message on Instagram for example. Instead, I read hate messages from Rangers fans, 'he should have kicked your head in'…'he should have broken your spine.'

"I know things aren't good between Slavia and Rangers right now, but that?

"I was disappointed that Roofe did not apologise through the media. I'm not vindictive, I don't need him to give me something back, but he should think more because maybe the next time, he could ruin someone's life."

Roofe insisted he felt guilty about what happened to Kolar and at the time stressed: "The tackle looks bad, it is bad for the goalkeeper. It hurt him a lot.

"But it was not on purpose at all. I received a ball over the top from Connor Goldson and with the speed we play at, you can't move out the way or prevent things from happening. It was literally a bad accident.

"People that know me, they know I'm not that type of player or person. I never go on the pitch to fight or hurt somebody. All I want to do is play well and help the team win games. That's what I was trying to do."

It's understood that the Uefa disciplinary panel will meet today to discuss the incidents surrounding Ondrej Kudela and Glen Kamara.

Kamara claims Slavia Prague defender Ondrej Kudela directed racist language at him during the Light Blues' second leg loss in the Europa League.

The Finnish ace alleges that he was branded a "f*****g monkey" by Kudela, with team-mate Bongani Zungu backing up those claims.

The defender could be seen walking up to Kamara to speak in his ear, sparking a furious reaction from the 25-year-old and his Ibrox team-mates.

Uefa provisionally suspended the Slavia defender for ONE match as they officially launched proceedings against both him and Rangers midfielder Kamara.

The Czech international denies the charge and counterclaims that he was assaulted by the Gers midfielder in the tunnel post-match.

    Source: Read Full Article