Transfer news LIVE: Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo LATEST, Tottenham sign Joe Hart, Thiago Alcantara to Liverpool updates – The Sun

MANCHESTER CITY are reportedly prepared to do whatever it takes to sign Lionel Messi, who is said to want OUT of Barcelona this summer.

And Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with clubs such as PSG as reports claim he is no longer indispensable to Juventus.

Follow ALL of the latest transfer gossip, news and updates below…

  • REV-AMP

    Ethan Ampadu is hoping to impress Frank Lampard enough to be involved in the Chelsea first team next season, according to reports.

    The Blues boss likes what he has seen from the young Welshman.

    And the 19-year-old wants to put another loan move on hold by forcing his way into the senior set-up.

    Ampadu spent last season with Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.

    But it did not work out as planned for the versatile teenager, who can play in midfield or defence.

    A “frustrated” Ampadu made just seven appearances across all competitions under Julian Nagelsmann.

  • OLD LADY ON TOUR

    Juventus transfer chief Fabio Paratici is reportedly jetting into London in a bid to sign Alexandre Lacazette or Raul Jimenez.

    Bolstering their frontline is thought to be a key area for the Old Lady this summer with the chief football officer heading to England with goals on his mind.

    According to La Stampa, via TuttoMercatoWeb, Lacazette is the primary target for Juventus.

    The 29-year-old has emerged as a candidate for the Serie A champions across the Italian media with certain outlets detailing a potential swap deal.

    Gonzalo Higuain, Douglas Costa or Cristian Romero are all reportedly on the table should Arsenal be content with an exchange proposal.

    A price tag of around £30million is thought to be placed on the Frenchman's head after 12 goals last season.

  • HAVERTZ LATEST

    Kai Havertz has told Bayer Leverkusen he wants to LEAVE, according to reports.

    Several outlets in Germany claim that the attacking midfielder has informed the Bundesliga club he wants out.

    Chelsea have reached impasse as the two clubs wrangle over an acceptable fee.

    According to Bild, the club are braced for Chelsea to make a formal written offer.

  • STORM BREWING

    Aston Villa and Newcastle are reportedly among SIX Premier League clubs hoping to land Liverpool star Rhian Brewster.

    The 20-year-old impressed after temporarily moving to Swansea in January – helping the Welsh side reach the Championship play-off semi-finals.

    Goal claim Liverpool have been encouraged by the striker’s progress and believe a loan to a Premier League side would be the ideal next step.

    Aston Villa are thought to be among the England starlet’s options following failed big-money moves for Wesley and Mbwana Samatta.

    Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton and Crystal Palace have all contacted Liverpool over Brewster, as have newly-promoted Fulham.

    While SunSport previously Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder wants to take him to Bramall Lane to add fresh legs and threat to his forward line.

  • STAY ANOTHER DAY

    Lucien Favre has told Jadon Sancho he wants the winger to stay at the club next season.

    Sancho is United’s top transfer target this season and has begun training with the Bundesliga club ahead of their season’s resumption on September 19.

    The Dortmund boss told Der Westen: “It is important that he stays with us.

    “That is of course also important for the team.”

  • NON COMPLIANT

    Four Marseille players have tested positive for coronavirus – leading to the opening match of the Ligue 1 season on Friday being POSTPONED.

    Marseille were due to welcome St Etienne to the Stade Velodrome in three days’ time, but that match is now off.

    It is likely to be played in mid-September, but will surely serve as a warning shot to Premier League clubs that the same could happen to them – even if it has not already.

    Former Aston Villa defender Jordan Amavi is among the players who tested positive last week.

  • GIFT OF THE GAB

    Arsenal have beaten Manchester United and Napoli to the signing Gabriel Magalhaes, after AGREEING a £22million fee with Lille, according to reports.

    The Mail reports that a deal has been struck with the Ligue 1 side for the Brazilian centre-back, 22.

    The news will be music to the ears of Gunners fans, who are hoping to see him alongside William Saliba next season.

    But it is also a vote of confidence in manager Mikel Arteta, who has started turning the club around since taking over in December.

    It appears the Gunners have managed to convince Gabriel to move to North London over their illustrious rivals.

  • LAZ TO FIND OUT

    Lazio chief Igli Tare has revealed that he does not “respect” David Silva “as a man” after the Spaniard snubbed his side for Real Sociedad.

    The Manchester City legend was due to travel to Rome to undergo a medical with the Serie A side after agreeing a three-year deal.

    But having blanked Lazio's calls last week, Silva found himself the subject of strong interest from Real Sociedad.

    The LaLiga outfit sensationally hijacked the deal, agreeing a two-year contract with the 34-year-old.

    And Tare, 47, gave a furious, albeit brief response to the situation via Lazio's official website:

    He wrote: “I learn about David Silva's transfer to Real Sociedad. I have great respect for the player, but not for the man.”

  • GOING GONZ

    Gonzalo Higuain has opened the door on a move to the MLS once his contract at Juventus expires in a year’s time.

    Higuain, 32, was still an important figure under Maurizio Sarri last season scoring eight goals in 32 league appearances.

    But he has accepted the arrival of Andrea Pirlo is likely to see the club move in a different direction and is plotting the next chapter in his career.

    Speaking to Fox Sports, he said: “For now I'm fine, I'll rest and think.

    “On the 24th I go back to training, I still have one year on my contract in Italy.

    “Many players go there (the MLS), and it would be nice, yes. But now I'm here. Let's see…”.

  • TWO-YEAR DEAL

    The former England keeper Hart, 33, has signed at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the next two seasons.

    A brief Sprurs statement says: “We are delighted to announce the signing of Joe Hart on a contract until 2022.”

  • HART'S IN RIGHT PLACE

    Joe Hart has officially joined Tottenham.

  • BRAVO BUT NO ENCORE

    Manchester City have confirmed Claudio Bravo has left the club.

  • BAT FOR US

    Crystal Palace are ready to get in on the act of signing Michy Batshuayi, should Leeds fail to land him.

    The 26-year-old spent time at Selhurst Park on loan last season, scoring five goals in 11 games.

    And according to the Evening Standard, the Eagles are interested in signing him on a full-time basis.

    Belgian pal Christian Benteke is also on the books at Crystal Palace, but the 29-year-old scored just twice last season.

  • JURY'S OUT

    Former Premier League star Steve Claridge is to swap the boots and shin pads for a wig and gown… to play a judge in a new TV series.

    The sports-style version of Judge Rinder will see 'face-offs' between lawyers representing players and managers past and present – in an attempt to decide who was better.

    Claridge, who enjoyed a stellar career with the likes of Leicester City, Birmingham City and Portsmouth, will preside over proceedings.

    In Sport in Court, he will listen as lawyers representing both sides will argue their 'legend' is the best.

    The strand is part of a new show on Sky TV called Ballsy Women, looking at women in sport and its effects on the community.

    Producer Geoff Lines said: “There's three match offs on the series.”

  • KANE TRANSFER ODDS

    Real Madrid are favourites with the bookies to sign Harry Kane.

    The Tottenham Hotspur ace has long been linked with a move away from North London, and as things stand he's 2/1 to join the Spanish giants, according to Ladbrokes.

    Manchester United remain the most likely club in England to make a move at 5/2, with Juventus and PSG 9/2 shots apiece.

    Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “Jose Mourinho will do well to keep hold of his star striker with a whole host of European giants seemingly queuing up for his signature.”

    • Real Madrid – 2/1
    • Man Utd – 5/2
    • Juventus – 9/2
    • PSG – 9/2
    • Man City – 8/1
    • Barcelona – 10/1
    • Bayern Munich – 10/1
    • Liverpool – 33/1
    • Chelsea – 33/1
    • Arsenal – 100/1

    JONNY BRAVO

    Jonny Otto has undergone successful surgery on his knee after limping out of Wolves' defeat to Sevilla in the Europa League quarter-finals.

    The wing-back gave a thumbs up after going under the knife.

    ART OF NEGOTIATION

    Mikel Arteta is already lining up a plan B if his bid for Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes fails.

    Arsenal have been battling Manchester United and Napoli for the 22-year-old Brazilian’s signature.

    And they appear to have beaten the Italians to it after they failed to offload Kalidou Koulibaly in time to raise the £25million needed to bring in Magalhaes.

    However, the deal is not yet done and Arteta is said to be keeping his options open, according to Goal.

    The Spaniard, 38, had been monitoring 22-year-old French starlet Axel Disasi before he completed his move from Reims to Monaco for £12m earlier this month.

    He is also said to have held talks with fellow French youngster Malang Sarr, 21, who is a free agent after leaving Nice.

    DO OR DY

    Paulo Dybala could be offered to Manchester United again this summer, according to reports.

    The Juventus forward, 26, may be used as part of a swap deal to take Paul Pogba back to Serie A.

    According to Tuttosport, new Juventus manager Andrea Pirlo will prioritise keeping Cristiano Ronaldo happy.

    The Portugal star has been tipped with a stunning Paris Saint-Germain transfer but ensuring he is the centre forward next season could see Dybala pushed out.

    Reports earlier this week suggested Dybala was considering his future anyway because he is thought to be sick of being transfer listed.

    He still has two years left to run on his current deal at the Allianz Stadium but it is thought negotiations have stalled over an extension after being offered £175,000 a week, while wanting £260,000.

    NOU FUTURES HERE

    Manchester United are eyeing moves for FOUR cut-price Barcelona stars, with the Catalan giants ready to flog their failing stars.

    According to Mundo Deportivo, Ousmane Dembele, Samuel Umtiti, Ivan Rakitic and Arturo Vidal are among the players in the shop window at the Nou Camp.

    The four players have all previously been linked with Old Trafford, but the Spanish – and especial Catalan – media have a habit of linking United with any player who is underperforming at Barcelona.

    They could all be available on cut-price deals though, with Barca keen to reduce their wage bill to free up some cash to spend on younger players.

    After their 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich on Sunday, it is clear incoming manager Ronald Koemnan needs to overhaul the Barcelona squad.

    And even Lionel Messi could be at risk.

    TAKING THE MICH

    Leeds will reportedly have to stump up £20million if they wish to prise Michy Batshuayi away from Chelsea.

    The 26-year-old has been deemed as surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge with Frank Lampard having an arsenal of strikers at his disposal.

    Timo Werner is set to lead the line for the Blues next term, while Olivier Giroud and Tammy Abraham are also vying to start.

    As a result, Chelsea are willing to cash in on Batshuayi as they look to raise funds for other transfers.

    The Belgian international – who scored six goals in 24 games for Chelsea during the 2019/20 season – hasn’t featured in the Premier League since February 29.

    But the ex-Marseille man has no shortage of suitors with West Ham one club ready to take a punt on him.

    KLOSING IN

    Kalidou Koulibaly’s move to Manchester City has taken a step closer as according to several Italian publications, the Senegal ace is top of City’s list.

    The club are reportedly preparing a second sizeable offer for the Napoli defender, after the club’s president Aurelio de Laurentiis said he could leave the San Paolo.

    According to La Repubblica, City are preparing to offer as much as £63million for the defender.

    Koulibaly, 29, is widely considered to be one of the best centre-backs in the world.

    He has, however, looked a little off the pace since lockdown and was shown up by Barcelona during Napoli’s 3-1 defeat at the Nou Camp two weeks ago.

    WAITING NEARLY AUBA

    Arsenal are reportedly drawing up the formal paperwork for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s new contract.

    The Gunners club captain, 31, has just one year remaining on his current Emirates deal.

    And there were suggestions he would be off this summer with interest from Barcelona, Inter Milan and even Chelsea and Manchester United.

    But after his match-winning performance in the FA Cup final a fortnight ago, Arsenal have been working hard to get an extension finalised.

    According to the Daily Mail, Aubameyang has verbally agreed to sign a new three-year deal worth £250,000-per-week.

    The report adds that the finishing touches on the striker’s contract are being prepared by Arsenal chiefs ahead of his return to pre-season training.

    YOU XAV TO DIG DEEP

    Xavi Hernandez reckons Manchester City need two or three “exceptional” signings to win the Champions League again.

    He told the Star: “To not win one of the Premier League or Champions League will be a big disappointment for Pep – those are the two he would have wanted.

    “The Champions League even more so because Manchester City have never won it.

    “They have some very good players, of course they do, but Pep needs to be supported in the transfer market this summer.

    “It is not that they need many players – just three exceptional ones.

    “We know that will not come cheap, but I would like to see Pep given the money to rebuild.”

    YOU CAN'T HAVE JIM

    Wolves have rejected Juventus' offer of Aaron Ramsey plus cash to land star man Raul Jimenez, according to reports.

    The Mexican striker has been linked with a move away from the Molineux this summer after the club failed to seal European football.

    Manchester United have also reportedly shown an interest with Mexico's manager urging him to join Old Trafford.

    But Corriere dello Sport write how the Old Lady have made the first move and have offered Welsh international Ramsey as a makeweight in the deal.

    Former Arsenal star Ramsey, 29, is rumoured to be heading for the exit door following Andrea Pirlo's appointment.

    The Italian has a hugely congested midfield and is believed to be open to offers for the former Arsenal man.

    FOLLOW THE XHERD

    Lazio are dusting themselves off after missing out on David Silva and want to sign Liverpool's Xherdan Shaqiri, according to reports in Italy.

    Source: Read Full Article