PIERS Morgan has confirmed that his brand new primetime TV show on new channel TalkTV will be launching next month.

The new show fronted by the TV titan and Sun Columnist, 56, will be called Piers Morgan Uncensored and will be a "fearless forum" that will take on cancel culture.


Piers' fans won't have to wait long for their favourite broadcaster to return to their screens – as the launch is set for April 25.

Piers said: “I’m delighted to now be returning to live television with a new daily show whose main purpose is to cancel the Cancel Culture which has infected societies around the world.

"I want it to be a platform for lively vigorous debate, news-making interviews, and that increasingly taboo three-letter word: fun. I also want it to annoy all the right people.”

The new global show fronted by the former Good Morning Britain presenter, will go to air with the UK launch of TalkTV on linear TV platforms Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview and Freesat. 

READ MORE ON PIERS MORGAN

I know there’s a special place in hell for the women hounding JK Rowling

Inside Piers Morgan’s stunning £9m property portfolio in the UK and US

It will be a fearless forum for lively, intelligent debate and agenda-setting interviews; celebrating free speech and the right for people to share their views.

Winnie Dunbar Nelson, Executive Editor of Piers Morgan Uncensored said: “Piers will be back on your screens with a bang and we promise a line up of exciting guests, big opinions, and thought provoking debate. We can’t wait to get started.”

In a global first, the new and unique sixty minute daily show will be broadcast on weeknights in the UK on TalkTV, streamed on FOX Nation in the US and aired in Australia on Sky News Australia.

Piers previously said: “A year ago today, I was forced to leave a job I loved, at the peak of its success, for having the audacity to express an honestly held opinion.

Most read in News TV

TOP GIRL

Top Boy's Adwoa Aboah looks unrecognisable from her Netflix character at Oscars

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Kelvin Fletcher and pregnant wife Liz reveal gender of their twins

LA DREAM

Gogglebox's Amy Tapper reveals plans to become that 'next James Corden'

FATHER LIKE SON

Paul Gascoigne shares message for son Regan during Dancing on Ice final

"This shouldn’t happen in any democracy supposedly built on the principles of free speech and freedom of expression.

"I’m delighted to now be returning to live television with a new daily show whose main purpose is to cancel the Cancel Culture which has infected societies around the world.

"I want it to be a platform for lively vigorous debate, news-making interviews, and that increasingly taboo three-letter word: fun. I also want it to annoy all the right people.”

After months of speculation about his next move, last September the star announced he was joining The Sun and its parent company News Corp in an unprecedented global deal.

Piers has also exacted the 'ultimate revenge' on his former bosses at ITV by poaching the best staff to come over to lead his primetime show.

The tell-it-like-it-is firebrand has hired six key production staff from the channel including Erron Gordon – his former director on GMB – to operate his series.

Joining him for the new venture are Loose Women director Ollie Gardner, who is TalkTV's deputy head of studio output, and GMB assistant editor Ben Briscoe, who is series editor of News UK’s TV content.

Vivek Sharma, an eight-year ITV Daytime veteran, will be TalkTV's executive producer, This Morning floor manager Tim Carr has also made the move, as has producer Lindsey Bowers.

Piers recently treated fans to a first look inside his state-of-the-art new TalkTV studio ahead of his telly return.

He is chomping at the bit to get back on air where he'll express strong opinions and hold robust debates.

On March 9, 2021 Piers dramatically stormed off the set after he was slated by co-star Alex Beresford for his comments towards Meghan Markle, leading him to quit the show.

At the time ITV released a statement to confirm that he had left the breakfast show.

The statement read: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

The TV host got into a heated arguement about the Duchess of Sussex's claims to have had issues with her mental health.

Piers claimed he was "sickened" by Meghan for "trashing" the Royal Family as "white supremacists" during her interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Since quitting Good Morning Britain, the show has failed to reach the ratings high he delivered, with the series beating BBC Breakfast for the first time on his final broadcast.

GMB has also struggled to find a high profile replacement for him, instead using a rotating roster of male hosts to sit alongside his former co-star Susanna Reid.

They include hosts Richard Madeley, Adil Ray, Martin Lewis, and Ed Balls.

Read More on The Sun

Will Smith ‘SLAPS’ Chris Rock on Oscars stage & curses comedian out

Katie Price dumped by fiancé Carl after he accused her ‘of cheating’

A source told The Mail on Sunday: "Replacing Piers was always going to be tough, but no one thought that almost a year on they still wouldn’t have found anyone."

On the contrary, Piers' career has gone from strength to strength since ditching his early morning alarm call.


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?

Email [email protected] or call us direct on 0207 782 4220 .

We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

    Source: Read Full Article