Spend £2 on a raffle ticket and you could win a cottage worth £280,000

The property ladder can be pretty hard to get on, with costly deposits meaning you’d have to forego 5,000 pints on average to afford a two-bed home.

For any hopeful homeowners out there looking for a steal, a couple are offering up their two-bed cottage in Nottinghamshire in a raffle for just £2 a ticket – and it comes mortgage-free.

The house is worth £280,000, and all legal fees would be covered by the owners, so the winner would be getting quite the bargain indeed.

Owner and mum-of-two Jodie Paget is using the website Raffall to organise the competition.

She tells us: ‘I recently purchased tickets for a house raffle myself and after seeing the success, I thought I would try it myself in the same way that they did.

‘Since I started my raffle, two other houses have been successfully won through the same platform.’

Jodie, 33, had spent five years living in the two-bed detached cottage with husband Callum, 31, and their two sons Harley, seven, and 19-month-old Freddie,.


The home, named Forest Side Home, is situated in in Ollerton, Nottinghamshire.

It boasts a newly-fitted kitchen, solid oak flooring, a dining room, two bedrooms and large downstairs windows that look over a garden that’s ¾ acres.

Forest Side Home is also, as the name would suggest, close to Sherwood Forrest and surrounded by green fields.

Jodie told Nottingham Local News: ‘Working in the property industry, I can see how difficult it is for people to get on to the property ladder, after witnessing several successful house raffles, I came to realise that it was a fantastic thing to do and it could give people the opportunity of owning their own home without having to save for a deposit or get a mortgage.

‘It feels good knowing that we could be helping somebody in that way.’

Jodie and Callum aren’t putting their house up for raffle for nothing in return – they’re hoping to make the money they would have got through a traditional sale by selling 200,000 tickets.

A week after the raffle launched they’d sold 5,300 tickets, and at the time of writing the couple have reached over 21,000 ticket sales.


She tells us: {Raffall] offer buyer protection which means that if the required number of tickets are not sold, a winner is still drawn on the end date and they would receive 75% of the ticket sales, the other 25% goes to Raffall as a fee.

‘The homeowner does not get anything, which gives me more reason to ensure I sell all of my tickets.’

At the time of writing, there are 108 days and 8 hours left on the clock to enter.

As the Raffall page for the house reads: ‘The raffle will be drawn once all tickets or sold, or on the 2nd of January 2021, whichever is sooner!’

Do you have a story to share?

Get in touch by emailing [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article