Four-year-old boy finds his mother electrocuted in the bath after extension lead fell in as she was charging her phone
- Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died from electric shock at home in Toguchin, Russia
- She had been electrocuted in the bath after her extension lead she was using to charge her mobile phone fell in the water
- Her four-year-old son rushed into the bathroom when he heard a ‘strange bang’
A four-year-old found his mother electrocuted in the bath after an extension lead she was using to charge her mobile phone fell in the water.
Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died from a massive electric shock as she was speaking to a friend in her home in the Russian town of Toguchin.
Her son rushed into the bathroom when he heard a ‘strange bang’ and found his mother unconscious.
The boy managed to save his own life by unplugging the cable before trying to resuscitate his mother who had a ‘huge burn’ on her chest.
Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died from a massive electric shock as she was speaking to a friend in her home in the Russian town of Toguchin
When his mother, a former MP’s aide, showed no sign of life, he called his great-grandmother who rushed to the flat by taxi in the Novosibirsk region.
‘I slapped her on the cheeks, but she was dead,’ the boy told her.
But the youngster did not understand that he would never see his mother again – and is now being cared for by his great-grandmother.
‘He kept saying that his mummy was now in hospital and she would be treated then come back to him,’ a family friend said.
Her son rushed into the bathroom when he heard a ‘strange bang’ and found his mother unconscious
A friend explained that Anastasia had been waiting for a call so had kept the phone near to her at the time of her death.
‘Someone called her,’ the friend said. ‘She had been waiting for this call, so kept the phone nearby.
‘She replied, and whole talking she pulled the charging cable. This made the power extension with the socket fall into the bath.’
Paying tribute, her friend Svetlana said: ‘Anastasia was such a pretty woman. Men loved her.
‘But her private life did not work out. She gave birth to her son after breaking up with his father.
‘She raised him alone. A year ago her mother died of cancer.’
Police have opened an investigation into Anastasia’s death.
But the youngster did not understand that he would never see his mother (pictured) again – and is now being cared for by his great-grandmother
The tragedy follows repeated warnings from the Russian authorities and police over a succession of deaths from electric shocks by young people using mobile phones in baths.
In December last year, Olesya Semenova, 24, was electrocuted after suffering a massive electric shock when her charging iPhone 8 fell in her bath.
She was found dead by her flatmate at their home in the Russian city Arkhangelsk.
In August of the same year, a Russian schoolgirl Anna K, 15, died in Moscow after sustaining an electric shock in her bath.
Meanwhile, in September 2019, Russian accountant Evgenia Shulyatyeva, 26, was found dead in the bathtub of her home by her 53-year-old mother Vera after she dropped her charging mobile phone in the water.
Source: Read Full Article