Daunte Wright protest: Shocking moment CNN crew member is knocked out by water bottle before thugs chase them from scene

PROTESTORS swarmed a CNN news crew, knocked one out with a water bottle and chased them away from filming on the fourth consecutive night of demonstrations in the wake of Daunte Wright's death.

The team, which included reporter Miguel Marquez, were filming crowds screaming at police officers through a fence near the Brooklyn Center police precinct.

Two young women approached the CNN crew and demanded they instead capture the crowds across the street rather than the police – to which Marquez explained they do not control news coverage.

Media presence has become increasingly irksome to many protestors who don't approve of the broadcasts – but this marks a worrying step-up in violence towards journalists.

While discussing the dispute with the throng of demonstrators that have gathered, one crew member is horrifically struck on the head with a water bottle – which briefly knocks him out.

Some begin to mock the man, jibing: "A bottle of water knocked you out?!" while laughing. Others show concern for the disoriented man, calling out for a medic as he comes back to his feet.

"Yea yea I'm fine, it's all fine people," he then tells the group.

After a brief moment of calm, the team were then chased away by protestors, yelling "F*** out of here!" as some began hurling eggs.

The crew clamoured into a nearby car, with one saying:"We don't want any trouble," before hastily driving away.

They appeared to bump into another vehicle as they attempted to make a hurried exit from the increasingly volatile scene.

Miguel Marquez later tweeted: "My team and I are fine and I appreciate your concern. I hope for equal justice under the law and will continue to report on this vital story as it unfolds."

Duante Wright protesters last night waved a pig's head at cops as chaos again erupted in Brooklyn Center, with hundreds storming the police station.

Demonstrators came out for the fourth night in a row since Wright, 20, was fatally shot by police officer Kim Potter during a traffic stop on Sunday.

The young black man was shot just ten miles from where George Floyd was killed by Officer Derek Chauvin, which has sparking national outrage.

The 26-year veteran cop was charged with manslaughter but was released from Hennepin County jail after posting a $100,000 bond on Wednesday.

"With that responsibility comes a great deal of discretion and accountability. We will vigorously prosecute this case and intend to prove that Officer Potter abrogated her responsibility to protect the public when she used her firearm rather than her taser," Imran Ali, Washington County assistant criminal division chief, said.

"Her action caused the unlawful killing of Mr. Wright and she must be held accountable."

She faces up to 10 years in prison and up to $20,000 in fines.

But it has done little to calm protestors, who have escalated their antics demanding that more serious charges be brought against Potter for causing Daunte's death.

The Brooklyn Center Police Department has claimed that Potter meant to reach for her Taser, but accidentally grabbed her gun before shooting Wright.

Wright was shot just ten miles from where George Floyd was killed last spring, leading to an outpouring of anger from the community.

The shooting comes as the murder trial for Derek Chauvin — who knelt on Floyd's neck for more than nine minutes — is underway in Minneapolis.

    Source: Read Full Article