Drake ‘blew $1m on exotic dancers’ at Houston strip club a day AFTER performing alongside Travis Scott at Astroworld festival where nine people died in crush
- Hours after performing with Travis Scott, Drake went to a strip club in Houston
- Video suggested Drake spent $1 million on strippers at Area 29 strip club
- It occurred just hours after eight people died and 300 others were injured at Travis’ Astroworld concert at NRG Park
- Earlier it had been reported that Drake and Travis partied at Dave & Busters in Houston the same night as Astroworld
Rapper Drake went to a strip club a day after nine people were fatally-injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld concert in Houston.
In posts from last Saturday, which have been deleted by the club but continue to circulate online, dancers can be seen surrounded by cash at the Area 29 strip club in Houston.
The club’s posts said the snaps had been taken on Saturday, with Instagram star DJ Akademics claiming Drake has blown $1m on exotic performers while there.
Instagram pictures also clearly show the floor of the club entirely covered in dollar bills.
The since deleted post by the club thanked @champagnepapi which is Drakes Instagram account. The posting read: ‘Thank u @champagnepapi @roddyricch @dontoliver @ubk.ent @lira_galore @realberniceburgos @realamarie @kayykilo @turkeyleghut @bookedbymolo last night vibes was on point GRAND FINALE TONIGHT SUNDAY FUNDAY.’
Hours after performing with Travis Scott, Drake went to a strip club in Houston
Instagram pictures also clearly show the floor of the club entirely covered in dollar bills
‘Every dancer who worked last night went home happy’, a comment on the Area 29 Houston Strip Club Instagram page stated
The strip club outing occurred just hours after eight people died and 300 others were injured at Travis’ Astroworld concert at NRG Park
Video suggested Drake spent $1 million on strippers at Area 29 strip club with DJ Akademiks saying he ‘threw like a milly’
In posts which have since been deleted, but are still circulating on some social media, dancers can be seen surrounded by cash at the Area 29 strip club in Houston
Hours after performing with Travis Scott, Drake, pictured went to a strip club in Houston
It occurred just hours after eight people died and 300 others were injured at Travis’, pictured, Astroworld concert at NRG Park
An ambulance was seen making its way through the crowd during the Astroworld music festival in Houston
The club wrote ‘2 floors covered with money and EVERY DANCER who worked last night went home happy thank y’all for the love and support WE RUNNING IT BACK 2 NIGHT ! @area29htx SUNDAY FUNDAY.’
In one now deleted clip seen earlier in the week, DJ Akademiks posted video of about nine dancers reveling as they count up their cash.
A man shouts: ‘Say thanks Drake!’. ‘Thanks Drake!’ the women reply.
Drake is known to be a regular at the club and had visited the week before the tragedy, according to The Sun.
Drake and Scott are named in lawsuits surrounding the concerts which saw a ninth woman lose her life on Thursday.
Travis Scott faces new fury as it emerged that he went to an after-party with Drake after the deadly festival
‘I’ve spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy,’ Drake posted on Instagram:
‘My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all.’
It’s not believed Travis had been with Drake when he visited the club although the pair are believed to have visited a Dave & Buster’s after party following the Astroworld concert.
The duo are said to have left upon hearing the seriousness of the situation at the concert.
‘Over the last week, Travis Scott and his team have been actively exploring routes of connection with each and every family affected by the tragedy through the appropriate liaisons,’ read a statement by Scott’s team
‘He is distraught by the situation and desperately wishes to share his condolences and provide aid to them as soon as possible, but wants to remain respectful of each family’s wishes on how they’d best like to be connected.’
Bharti Shahani, a senior at Texas A&M, died on Thursday from injuries sustained at Astroworld
Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old college student from Texas, became the ninth victim of the tragedy on Thursday.
She succumbed to her injuries sustained at last week’s festival after being declared brain dead on Tuesday.
Distressing footage shot at the deadly event showed Shahani falling from a gurney while unconscious as Houston Police officers tried frantically to rescue her.
Eight other victims between the ages of 14 and 27 died. A nine-year-old boy still remains in hospital fighting for his life.
Travis Scott is being sued by at least 150 victims for ‘inciting mayhem’ and stands to lose ‘billions’ after more than 300 people were treated at an emergency field hospital in the aftermath, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and dozens more were knocked unconscious.
The rapper, who said he was ‘devastated’ about the deaths and couldn’t ‘imagine anything like this happening,’ has been convicted twice for encouraging fans to jump security barriers and rush the stage at previous concerts.
Drake, 35, called it a ‘devastating tragedy’ in an Instagram post Sunday night, saying: ‘My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering.
‘I will continue to pray for all of them and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all.’
Travis Scott and Drake could pay ‘billions’ in damages as 150 victims join lawsuit suing the rappers after deadly crush at Astroworld concert
Travis Scott and Drake could pay ‘billions’ in damages after a lawsuit involving 150 people injured in the deadly crush at the Astroworld concert was announced.
Powerhouse Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry, father of Liam Payne’s girlfriend Maya Henry, says that he is being contacted by more people ‘by the hour.’
Eight people were killed at the NRG stadium on Friday night, more than 300 people received treatment at an emergency field hospital set up there, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and dozens more were knocked unconscious.
‘More and more injured victims are contacting my firm by the hour,’ said Henry. ‘I believe the damages suffered by its victims could total in the billions.’
Among his clients is 23-year-old concertgoer Kristian Paredes whose complaint accuses Scott and Drake of ‘inciting mayhem’ at the event.
The eight dead (L-R): Rodolfo ‘Rudy’ Pena, 23; Jacob Jurinek, 20; Franco Patino, 21; Brianna Rodriguez, 16; Danish Baig, 27; Axel Acosta, 21; John Hilgert, 14; Madison Dubiski, 23.
Texas-resident Paredes says he was left ‘severely injured’ and is demanding $1 million to cover the costs of his healthcare treatment.
He ‘felt an immediate push’ at the front of the general admission section as Travis Scott got on stage, the complaint said.
‘Many begged security guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored.’
The suit, filed in Houston’s Harris County court, claims Scott ‘had incited mayhem and chaos at prior events’ and that ‘defendants knew or should have known of (Scott’s) prior conduct.’
The suit also accuses Canadian rap superstar Drake, who joined Scott’s headline set, of contributing to the surge.
‘As Drake came onstage alongside of Travis Scott he helped incite the crowd even though he knew of Travis Scott’s prior conduct,’ the complaint charges.
He continued to perform even as the ‘crowd became out of control’ and the ‘crowd mayhem continued,’ it added.
High-profile attorney Ben Crump announced Sunday he had also filed suit against Scott and Astroworld.
Crump has represented the families of police killing victims George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.
He and co-counsel Bob Hilliard filed suit Sunday on behalf of 21-year-old concertgoer Noah Gutierrez, who described ‘a scene of chaos and desperation.’
The lawyers said they expected to file suit on behalf of other concertgoers during the week.
‘We are hearing horrific accounts of the terror and helplessness people experienced – the horror of a crushing crowd and the awful trauma of watching people die while trying unsuccessfully to save them,’ Crump and Hilliard said in the statement.
‘We urge others who suffered physical or emotional injury or witnessed the events of that day to contact us.’
Source: Read Full Article