A former police officer was Tasered, pepper-sprayed and hit in the face with a radio as six police officers struggled to arrest him in the street.

Dramatic footage shows several officers trying to stop the Daniel MacPherson, wanted over an alleged domestic assault at a home in Bowral, Australia, on Christmas Eve.

They were on the hunt for and found him in Sydney at 5pm on Friday following a tip off.

Three police officers tried to arrest the 40-year-old before a fourth one hit him in the face with a hand-held radio.

It eventually took six officers to bring the former policeman to the ground.

New South Wales police alleged the man "failed to comply" with directions before being pepper-sprayed.

  • Fake kidnap mum Karen Matthews 'plans Spanish holiday with child sex offender'

  • Woman's chilling screams after four kids killed as they cycled to get ice cream

The 40-year-old managed to break free and fled after an officer fell to the ground with the man landing on top of him, Mail Online reports.

After officers deployed pepper spray for a second time, the man allegedly tried to punch one of the policemen before running off through a nearby park.

More police arrived on the scene and the man was found nearby around 10 minutes later, where he was wrestled to the ground and arrested.

He was taken to St Vincent’s Hospital under police guard for treatment and assessment.

The suspect was then taken to Mascot Police Station, where three outstanding arrest warrants were executed.

He was charged with armed with intent commit indictable offence, two counts of stalking and intimidating and two counts of common assault.

He was also charged with two counts of resist officer in execution of duty, assault officer in execution of duty, intimidate police officer in execution of duty, three counts of use carriage service to threaten to kill and use carriage service to menace, harass and offend. 

The former cop appeared in Parramatta Bail Court on Sunday, where he sported a black eye and cuts to his body.

The prosecutor said he had "lost all respect for the rule of law".

The man's lawyer argued he would be "incredibly vulnerable" if he was detained due to his prior job as a police officer.

He was refused bail and instead sent for psychological assessment.

Source: Read Full Article