A FOUR-year-old girl has died after her grandmother forced her to drink a bottle of whiskey, police say.
Roxanne Record, 53, was arrested on Friday, and so was her daughter 29-year-old Kadjah Record, who allegedly watched as the child drank the alcohol.
The child's cause of death was acute alcohol poisoning, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office.
She has been identified as China Record.
China reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of .680 percent – more than eight times Louisiana's driving limit for adults.
Both her mother and grandmother have been charged with first-degree murder.
Read More News
Woman with legs bound hurt after falling from 7th floor as missing son found
Man, 29, made shock Facebook confession before killing 4 family members
Police were called to the scene on Thursday after reports of an unresponsive toddler.
First-responders had reached the Record's home already, but were unsuccessful in reviving the child and called police.
Official records cited by WAFB say the mother and grandmother were angry because they believed the child had drank alcohol from a bottle of whiskey that was on the counter.
That's when the grandmother allegedly forced her to drink the rest of the bottle, which was possibly more than half way full.
Most read in The Sun
Moment Mike Tyson batters plane passenger for 'throwing water bottle at him'
Boxing icon Mike Tyson 'repeatedly punches passenger in face during plane attack'
Ronaldo posts pic with baby girl as Georgina returns home after son loss
Homes Under the Hammer's Martin Roberts rushed to hospital with 'hours to live'
The little girl reportedly was forced to drink the bottle while on her knees in the hallway.
Her mother was present but failed to intervene, according to police.
Roxanne reportedly told detectives she "messed up"and “wanted to take full responsibility,” adding that she "went too far" and "ruined everyone's life."
The tragic news comes as another four-year-old girl died in Georgia in what investigators have said are similar circumstances.
Marquis Colvin, 25, and Sydnei Dunn, 24, have been charged with murder after their daughter died from alcohol poisoning.
Police say Colvin poured alcohol into her baby bottle.
Read More on The US Sun
Kourtney’s fans think she’s REALLY pregnant as she drops ‘clues’ in new post
I’m a gardening pro – how to get a super green lawn using a cheap kitchen item
The child's blood-alcohol level was reportedly more than four times the legal limit for driving in Georgia.
The parents brought the child to the hospital on April 13, and staff contacted police, saying the girl's condition "made no sense."
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article