To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a webbrowser thatsupports HTML5video

A second monkeypox death has been confirmed in Spain, health officials said.

It is thought to be the third death outside Africa since the virus began to spread further afield earlier this year.

Spain reported its first death on Friday, shortly after Brazil confirmed the first monkeypox-related fatality of the current epidemic.

In its latest report on Saturday, the Spanish Health Ministry said 4,298 cases had been confirmed in the country.

Of the 3,750 patients on which it had information, 120 or 3.2% had been hospitalised, and two had died, it said without providing further details.

UK health officials said there more than 2,500 confirmed and suspected cases as of Thursday, with all but a few dozen in England.

This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.

Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] Or you can submit your videos and pictures here.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Follow Metro.co.uk on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here.

Source: Read Full Article