A 17-YEAR-OLD single mother was allegedly shot dead by her ex-boyfriend while holding her young son after refusing to take him back.
Hevelyn da Sant'Anna Rosa was shot in the head outside the home she shared with her family in Campo Grande, Brazil on the night of November 5.
She was rushed to a local hospital by car, but arrived at A&E without a pulse, according to doctors.
Police are now searching for Hevelyn's former partner of three years, Alexandre Soares, who they have named as a suspect in the case.
Hevelyn had reportedly ended the relationship with Soares, said to have involved physical abuse, earlier this year.
Over the months following the separation, Soares allegedly sent threatening messages to Hevelyn's phone.
Hevelyn's family was too scared to report the assaults or the threats because they believed Soares to be a member of a gang.
Speaking to local media, Hevelyn's father, Helton da Sant'Anna Rosa, said Soares was responsible for his daughter's death.
"My daughter was shot in the forehead by a villain who did not accept their separation," he said.
"She was murdered in a cowardly way. She never wanted to be with him, he's one of those possessive people.
HOW YOU CAN GET HELP:
Women's Aid has this advice for victims and their families:
- Always keep your phone nearby.
- Get in touch with charities for help, including the Women’s Aid live chat helpline and services such as SupportLine.
- If you are in danger, call 999.
- Familiarise yourself with the Silent Solution, reporting abuse without speaking down the phone, instead dialing “55”.
- Always keep some money on you, including change for a pay phone or bus fare.
- If you suspect your partner is about to attack you, try to go to a lower-risk area of the house – for example, where there is a way out and access to a telephone.
- Avoid the kitchen and garage, where there are likely to be knives or other weapons. Avoid rooms where you might become trapped, such as the bathroom, or where you might be shut into a cupboard or other small space.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse, SupportLine is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8pm on 01708 765200. The charity’s email support service is open weekdays and weekends during the crisis – [email protected]
Women’s Aid provides a live chat service available. from 10am to noon.
You can also call the freephone 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
"He just wanted her for him. He constantly threatened my daughter. I even spoke to him once to stop him doing that.
"In the last few days, he kept changing his address, his mobile phone number, he must have already been planning something."
Helton said that, on the night of the shooting, Soares came to the family home in a car and phoned Hevelyn.
"She went carrying my grandson," he said.
"It didn't take long and there was a gunshot. My son went out and found her already on the ground.
"He shot my daughter in the head. My daughter was murdered with my grandson in her arms.
"He ran away and left the car there with the door open. I know justice will be served."
Hevelyn was buried in Campo Grande on November 7.
Source: Read Full Article