A STALKER ex-husband allegedly hanged his former wife after suspecting she was poised to remarry.
The naked body of Ramzia Gimranova, 32, was found on her balcony by her father in the Russian city of Kazan, say police.
Her “jealous” former spouse Ilnar, 38, has confessed to the killing and faces murder charges, according to the Russian Investigative Committee.
Law enforcement officials say the mum-of-one was brutally beaten before the fatal attack by her ex.
A week before the deadly attack Ramzia had reported him to police for stalking her, and pleaded for protection for herself and the couple’s six-year-old daughter.
He repeatedly called and “ambushed” Ramzia near her new flat, it is alleged.
The couple had divorced last year after Ilnar refused to stop gambling despite building up loan debts of £5,000, say reports.
But Ramzia’s envious ex-husband refused to move on, despite the relationship breakdown.
Accountant Ramzia had begun a new relationship and Ilnar saw her wearing an engagement ring, which prompted the fatal attack, according to detectives.
HOW YOU CAN GET HELP:
Women's Aid has this advice for victims and their families:
- Always keep your phone nearby.
- Get in touch with charities for help, including the Women’s Aid live chat helpline and services such as SupportLine.
- If you are in danger, call 999.
- Familiarise yourself with the Silent Solution, reporting abuse without speaking down the phone, instead dialing “55”.
- Always keep some money on you, including change for a pay phone or bus fare.
- If you suspect your partner is about to attack you, try to go to a lower-risk area of the house – for example, where there is a way out and access to a telephone.
- Avoid the kitchen and garage, where there are likely to be knives or other weapons. Avoid rooms where you might become trapped, such as the bathroom, or where you might be shut into a cupboard or other small space.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse, SupportLine is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8pm on 01708 765200. The charity’s email support service is open weekdays and weekends during the crisis – [email protected]
Women’s Aid provides a live chat service available. from 10am to noon.
You can also call the freephone 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
“Having learned that the victim intended to remarry, the attacker came to her house, then beat and strangled her on the balcony,” said a committee statement.
“He has confessed his involvement in the commission of the crime in full.”
Friends say that while she accepted the ring from her new boyfriend, she was not yet ready to remarry after the trauma of her relationship with her ex-husband.
Tragic Ramzia was killed after being hanged, said the committee.
Now her ex-husband Ilnar faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted.
Source: Read Full Article