Wild moment man throws himself off a bridge into a river after leading police on a chase in a stolen truck
- Police chopper footage captured the moment Florida man Bryan Gray, 34, was seen jumping off a 55-foot bridge in Fort Meyers on Saturday
- Gray was being chased by deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office on the Edison Bridge after he had allegedly stolen a van
- The van was seen careening between the right and left side barriers before stopping in the middle of the bridge
- He then ran over to the railing on the right side of the bridge and jumped into the Caloosahatchee River below
- Gray was later found under the bridge by the deputies who called the Fort Meyers Police Department for a boat
- The officers pulled him from the water and arrested him
- He faces pending charges of grand theft auto, fleeing and eluding
Shocking police footage captured the moment a man jumped off a Florida bridge after he led police on a chase in a stolen van.
Bryan Gray, 34, was pursued by deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office on the Edison Bridge Saturday just before midnight.
Gray started the chase after he allegedly stole a van in Fort Myers in southwest Florida.
He jumped into the Caloosahatchee River below to escape the police before being caught by officers on a boat.
Police chopper footage captured the moment suspect Bryan Gray, 34, jumped off the Edison Bridge in Fort Myers, Florida during a police chase
Gray had led deputies from Lee County Sheriff’s Office on the chase after he had allegedly stolen a van
The video footage captured the officer’s pursuit of Gray from a chopper as the van continued driving down the bridge towards North Fort Meyers.
He then crashed between the right and left barriers after the vehicle swerved out of control. It made a full stop in the middle of the bridge as police waited for Gray’s next move.
Gray then jumped out and ran toward the right side of the bridge. He is seen climbing over the railing and holding on as he hangs over the edge.
In the middle of the chase, the van was seen swerving between lanes and crashing into the left and right side barriers
The van made a full stop in the middle of the bridge as police waited for Gray’s next move
After a brief pause, Gray drops off the 55-foot bridge into the river below.
Drivers behind Gray are seen leaving their cars and running toward the side of the bridge where he had just jumped.
The deputies later saw him still bobbing in the water under the bridge and called the Fort Myers Police Department for a boat.
Gray jumped 55 feet from the right side of the bridge and into the Caloosahatchee River below
Officers from the Fort Myers Police Department arrived on the scene to arrest Gray after the chopper spotted him hiding underneath the bridge
He was found, pulled out of the water, and police arrested him and took him into custody.
Gray also was taken to the hospital for treatment following his arrest. His condition currently is unknown.
He was charged with grand theft auto, fleeing and eluding.
Source: Read Full Article